Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Using the Z

Try to get the higher scoring letters (such as Z, Q, or X) down quickly because they can limit your chances of bingoing and restrict your word options. If your opponent is playing strategically they may be careful to avoid putting down letters in places that would permit you to maximize on the points (like putting a vowel beside a 3L, 3W or 4W). In the following board I put the Z on a 3W that made words in two directions, WIZ and ZA (ZA is short for PIZZA). This gave me 79 points for a 3 letter word. The Z alone gets 72 points.



Ideally I would have liked to have a word that extended to the 3W because I would have tripled my score, but with the letters I had this was not possible.

1 comment:

  1. It is worth memorizing the handful of two-letter words using Q, Z and X. Then keep an eye on the places on the board where you could put these words, in case you get the Q, Z or X.

    ReplyDelete