Thursday, February 5, 2009

Using J, Q, X and Z in Small Words

In the following Wordscraper board I had the second play. It's wise to get rid of letters such as J, Q, X and Z as soon as you get them to increase your chances of getting a 7-letter word or bingo (giving you 50 extra points) later.



I had an N and could have made the word SHAVEN plus a word perpendicular to SHAVE, but opted out of this because I had nothing that could reach the 3W above or below. Instead I decided to put the X on the 2L.



This gave me 21 points and I got rid of a difficult letter. Then I put the A to the left of the X giving me AX again for another 21 points and HA which is worth 6 points, 48 points all together.


Other similar 2- and 3-letter words with these difficult letters are: ADZ,AXE, AZO, COZ, DEX, FIX, FAX, FEZ, FIZ, GOX, HAJ, HEX, JO, JAB, JAG, JAM, JAR, JAW, JAY, JEE, JET, JEU, JEW, JIB, JIG, JIN, JOB, JOE, JOG, JOT, JOW, JOY, JUG, JUN, JUS, JUT, KEX, LAX, LEX, LEZ, LUX, MAX, MIX, NIX, OXO, OXY, PIX, POX, PYX, QI, QAT, QUA, RAJ, RAX, REX, SAX, SEX, SIX, SUQ, TAJ, TAX, TUX, VEX, VOX, WAX, WIZ, XI, XU, XIS, TAX, SIX, SAX, ZAG, ZAP, ZAX, ZED, ZEE, ZEK, ZIG, ZIN, ZIP, ZIT, ZOA, ZOO.

1 comment:

  1. Adz Azo Coz Dex Fix Fax Fez Fiz Gox Haj Hex Kex Lax Lex Lez Lux Max Mix Nix Oxo Oxy Pix Pox Pyx Raj Rax Rex Sax Sex Six Suq Taj Tax Tux Vex Vox Wax Wiz

    ReplyDelete